There are so many misconceptions about this that women should do yoga during the Periods/ Menstruation or not? This should not be done in the opinion of many people and some experts say that some yoga can be done during this time. In this post, the team of fitness flavours will share some yoga asanas that can be performed during periods or menstruation to relief from pain and discomfort.
Should yoga in Periods or Menstruation?
The Yoga Expert says that there are many Yoga asanas that can be done during the Periods. These yoga asanas not only help to relief from pain in the periods but also reduce mental stress.
What precautions should be taken during the periods?
- Pain and discomfort are delayed by doing yoga before and after the period’s start.
- Avoid the yoga session for the first 2-3 days.
- Just do yoga in small sessions. Do not do so much so that you get very tired.
- If there is a problem of pain in the waist, stomach, and neck, then don’t do yoga.
- Do not do yoga even if there is too much bleeding.
- Do not posture like Shirshasan, Sarvajanasan, Kapalabhati.
- Yogasana in the advice and monitoring of a Yoga Expert.
Which yoga asanas in Periods?
Yoga Asana 1. Marjariasana (CAT POSE)
- Sit on the knees. Place the palms on the ground
- Take a deep breath. Raise the neck, keep the waist down
- Bring the neck down and lift the back
Yoga Asana 2. Parvatasana (MOUNTAIN POSE)
- Sit in the post of Padmasana or Lotus position. Place Right leg on left thigh and left should be on the right thigh
- Raise both hands after. Inhale during the process. Stay for a while
- Bring hands down while exhaling. Repeat this many times
Yoga Asana 3. Baddha Konasana (BOUND ANGLE POSE or COBBLER POSE)
- Sit down. Keep the feet together
- Put knees and thighs on the floor
- Maintain the same position while taking a deep breath
Yoga Asana 4. Kati Chakrasana (STANDING SPINAL TWIST)
- Stand upright. Raise your hands on the front
- Turn the waist right while leaving breath. Return back while breathing
- Now turn left, leaving breath. Repeat this way many times
Yoga Asana 5. Vajrasana (KNEELING POSE)
- Sit on the knees. Place the ankles under the buttocks
- Put the palms on the knees. Take a deep breath and leave slowly
- Maintain this position for a while
Pranayam during periods
Pranayam 1. Bhramari Pranayama (HUMMING BEE BREATH)
- Sit in Siddhasana or Accomplished Pose. Close your ears with both thumb and eyes with the middle fingers
- Take a deep breath. During exhale from the nose, make the sound of the whirlwind.
- Applying tongue to the palate while performing this process. Repeat this process several times.
Pranayam 2. Ujjayi Pranayama (OCEAN BREATH or VICTORIOUS BREATH)
- Sit in Siddhasana or Accomplished Pose. Tighten the throat and breathe through the nose while breathing
- Quench the throat and leave the breath out of the nose
- In the beginning, after 2 to 3 minutes, gradually take up to 10 minutes.
Pranayam 3. Anulom Vilom Pranayama (NOSTRIL BREATHING)
- Sit in Siddhasana or Accomplished Pose.
- Close your eyes
- Close the right nostril with the right thumb
- Inhale slowly through the left nostril
- Remove your thumb from your right nostril
- Use your ring and middle finger to close your left nostril
- Exhale slowly and completely with the right nostril
- Repeat for 5-10 minutes.
So, Girls, this is all about the Yoga Asanas during Periods or Menstruation to relief from Pain and Discomfort. If you have any doubt or suggestion, feel free to write in a comment.