Gandhak Rasayan is a Rasayana or rejuvenates in the Ayurvedic system, which means that it has restorative benefits. It has been widely used in the treatment of minor skin conditions that cause itching and discomfort as it has a soothing effect. It also promotes normal immune function, enhancing protection against infections. Gandhak Rasayan is also notable for its detoxifying effect and is used as a blood purifier.
Gandhak (गंधक) is a Sanskrit name, Sulfur is called Gandhak in Sanskrit and Hindi. The smell in Gandhak is same like rotten egg and that is why it is called gandhak. It is classified according to the colour i.e. red, yellow, white and black. Yellow sulfur (gandhak) is for internal use, white sulfur is for external use. Red and black sulfur is not available. In Ayurveda, sulfur is used to cure many diseases, it is diuretic, it enhances bile and is useful in skin diseases, arthritis and enlarged spleen etc.
Gandhak is used to
- Improves skin health
- Detoxifies the system
- Promotes healthy circulation
- Natural nourishment for the healthy skin
This is a very useful drug for skin diseases. Sulfur is used to cure skin-related diseases in both internal and external ways. It works on the skin (membrane) with a small amount of internal use. This medicine is made by giving herbal form to the sulfur, which makes it easily absorbed in the skin.
Ingredients Of Gandhak Rasayan
- Flax Seed (Alsi)
- Cardamom (Elaychi)
- Cinnamon (Daalchini)
- Cow Milk
- Gooseberry (Amla)
- Heart-leaved moonseed (Giloy)
- Dry Ginger (Sonth)
- Mesua ferrea (Nagakesara)
- False Daisy (Bhringraja)
- Myrobalan (Haritaki)
Benefits of Gandhak Rasayan (Sulfur)
- Gandhak Rasayan is an antibacterial, and antimicrobial ayurvedic drug, it is beneficial in all types of infection due to its extensive antibiotic properties. It is a high antidote, it helps to remove all types of skin disorders.
- Initially, there may be some serious symptoms on the use of Gandhak Rasayan, but it does not panic, but it is an indication that the drug is doing its job. Gandhak Rasayan has such properties that they help to remove unwanted toxic substances from the body. It is especially useful in the malfunction of gall.
- It also has properties to remove the inflammation of the skin.
- Use of sulfur also helps in correcting diseases of the old/chronic skin.
- It helps to heal the wounds early. It also gives relief in pain.
- It cures digestion, gives strength and nourishment to the body.
- Use to tone Skin Complexion.
- It also works to cure the lack of sperm.
- Gandhak Rasayan is used in the treatment of diabetes, itching, piles, arthritis and gout (Uric Acid) etc.
Uses Of Gandhak Rasayan
4) Ringworm, itching, dandruff, boils, pimples, eczema, acne,
5) Gas disorder
6) To purify the blood,
7) Fistula (Bhagandar)
8) Sexual Disease
9) Improves memory
How to take sulfur chemicals
- We can take it twice a day with 1-3 tablet water.
- It should be taken after eating the meal.
- There are no side effects of this medicine, consult with the doctor before taking it.